A Timeline Overview of WEM History
- 1986WEM is founded by Dianna Galante and hosts one classroom of students.
- 1989WEM moves to existing campus property with 2.5 acres, a barn, and a converted garage totaling three classrooms.
- 2005Joseph Galante, M. Ed. joins WEM full-time as a co-director with Dianna Galante.
- 2009Construction of the Cascade, Olympic, and Rainier Classrooms, and the addition of Solar and Geo-Thermal systems to the WEM Campus. WEM now has six classrooms.
- 2010City of Bothell designates Palm Creek on WEM campus as “healthiest section of stream.”
- 2011WEM Receives initial AMS accreditation.
- 2014WEM remodels and adds the "Barn" classroom bringing the classroom total to seven.
- 2016Purchase of the adjoining 2.5 acre property brings the WEM campus to a total of 5 acres.
- 2017Construction of the Lower and Upper Elementary "Trinomial Cube" building, and the addition of an upgraded, underground fire suppresion and power supply system. Nidhi Oberoi Begins as a Program Director at WEM.
- 2019Nidhi Oberoi begins as a Director at WEM. WEM applies for AMS accreditation.