COVID-19 Safety Protocol at WEM
Are face coverings required at WEM?
All students and staff at WEM are required to wear a cloth face covering and may elect to wear a face shield as well.
Which guidelines are you following to ensure safety?
- Washington State Department of Health (All Ages)
- Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (K-6)
- Department of Children, Youth, and Families (Preschool-age Children)
Smaller is Safer
With a 12:1 student-to-teacher ratio at our preschool and lower elementary levels (15:1 in our upper elementary classroom), WEM offers more direct-instruction time in a smaller class setting during on-campus schooling.
What is the maximum class size at WEM?
Based on square footage, WEM can accommodate up to 24 students per classroom while ensuring the required social distancing protocols. Smaller class sizes and lower student-to-teacher ratios allow WEM to manage required social distancing protocols more safely, creating a safer environment for students and staff. Smaller classroom cohorts may be in place to begin the school year.
What is WEM doing to address safety?
- Daily disinfecting in each classroom of all touch-points, bathrooms, and shared-use materials with electrostatic fogging machines
- HEPA filtration systems in all classrooms
- Hand sanitizing stations inside each classroom door
- Temperature checks with infrared thermometers at arrival for all staff and students
- iOS/Android App for touch-free arrival and departure
- iOS/Android App for daily health screening reporting
- iOS/Android App for contact tracing and exposure reporting protocols
- Stocked supplies of hand sanitizer, masks, and gloves
- OpenWorks professional cleaning services contracted for daily, deep-cleaning procedures