Thank you for your interest in allowing Whole Earth Montessori to nurture and educate your child. Please review our application process below and get answers to frequently asked questions.
WEM “Open Campus” events are the best way to fully experience the culture at WEM. Each of our 8 classrooms are open to new and prospective families. WEM Parents, Students, Alumni, Administrative and Teaching staff will all be on-site to answer your individual questions and discuss our growing community.
Every one of our highly qualified and classically Montessori trained teachers at WEM bring their own unique personalities, teaching styles and expertise to each of our classrooms. We believe strongly that having a diverse body of teachers works well to meet the needs of every child, and we are committed to aligning your child with the most appropriate classroom at WEM.
WEM is one of only a few Montessori schools in the State of Washington accredited by the American Montessori Society (AMS). Because students at WEM complete programs in 3-year cycles, admission to WEM is highly competitive and WEM has very limited availability each new school year. While we would love to accept all applicants, priority enrollment is given to current and returning WEM students completing the 3-year cycle, alumni and their siblings, and then to students with previous Montessori experience. Admission decisions for new families are largely based on the parents’ long-term commitment to the completion of WEM’s 3-year programs. Completion of the Application & Questionnaire play a vital role in the decision the enrollment team makes when admitting students to WEM.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the student/teacher ratio?
- 10:1 at the Preschool & Kindergarten Levels
- 10:1 at the Elementary School Levels
Do you offer before and after school care?
- WEM offers before and after school Activity Club for currently enrolled students. Hours are 8:00 -8:45 AM & 3:00 -6:00 PM M-F.
Do you provide a lunch service?
- Due to the diversity of our community and the growing number of children and families with dietary preferences and restrictions, students at WEM bring their own lunches from home.
Do you provide transportation?
- At this time, WEM does not offer transportation service for students to and from school.
Do you offer any discounts?
- Yes, there is a 7% multi-student discount per child beyond the 1st enrolled student.
- There is a 3% discount for annual tuitions paid in full by August 1st, 2021.
- These discounts may not be combined. However, you may choose which discount you would like to apply.
What are your prerequisites for pre-school admission?
- Student must be 2.8-years old and be fully potty trained (no pull-ups)
- Student must be 2.8 by August 30th when the school year begins in September
- Student must be willing to cooperate with direction and instructions from staff
- For Kindergarten, student must turn five by September 1 of the new school year